click the logo to see the explanation |
“Calamus Binarii et Scientia“
The motto of the Society shall be Calamus Binarii et Scientia which means Pen, Binary and Knowledge. The word Calamus or Pen refers to the fundamentals and the theories of mechanics whilst Binarii or Binary refers to the computational nature of and the use of computer by the society. Scientia or Knowledge refers to the output of the use of Calamus and Binarii (Pen and Binary) and thus the main output from the Society’s activities.
- To promote and advance the knowledge and the technologies of numerical method of and for the nation.
- To provide a forum for exchange of views among academics and industries including the government agencies.
- To gather and disseminate through publications and other appropriate means knowledge and information on numerical methods.
- To provide advice and expertise on numerical methods and analysis to government and private bodies as well as the public in general.
- To promote and provide training, seminars, short courses, consultation, research and development in the numerical methods to all parties in the country.
- To develop proposals and make suggestions to relevant authorities in regards to numerical methods solutions and technologies.
- To raise funds/monies via donations or in any other manner as may be decided by the Council for the purposes of the Society subject to the prior approval of the Registrar of Societies and other relevant authorities wherever relevant.